Friday, September 02, 2005

Please Excuse the Break in Blooging

I teach. My classes started this week. I've watched very little TV. The short time the TV has been on, it's primarily been tuned to USA's coverage of the US Open or to some coverage of the Katrina/levee disaster. Then, we have to turn off the TV and reassure Wasteland Kid that we will not likely be forced to climb on the roof or flee in the car to avoid an onslaught of rushing water. So, please excuse the break in the TV blogging. The watching has been either non-existent, sports, or terribly devastating, none of which lends itself to much of a Postcard.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You had better get back on it cuz there are a bunch of season premiers on the horizon. Namely, the Gilmore Girls. I mention them because you, Wasteland, are to blame for my new addiction. Because you went on and on in the beginning of your blog about GG and Lauren Graham, I tuned in to a Saturday marathon of episodes and am now in need of rehab. I can't find enough reruns. I'm so ashamed because it was my intention to watch LESS tv this fall (gasp!).

So forget those students' education! If you would encourage them to watch your favorite tv programs rather than do schoolwork, you would have less to do yourself. Or, better yet, instead of teaching your particular subject, you could teach Vacuous Viewing 101 (graduate level, of course.

This would then allow you to grab the remote, hunker down, and lose yourself in the Vast Wasteland.

4:26 PM  
Blogger Trailhead said...

What is "blooging"?

2:37 PM  
Blogger Wasteland Fan said...

Blooging is what you do when you've just finished a day spent with 350 uninterested undergrads at one of the US's top 10 party schools.

11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home