Monday, October 10, 2005

Desperate for Developments

Did anyone else feel like last night's Desperate Housewives episode was nothing more than marking time?

We saw some character development with Gabrielle, but it was pretty clearly going to happen at some point.

We got a little more in the "is-George-a-total-psycho?" department, but really only more questions.

Unfortunately, Susan is becoming a parody of herself. Maybe, if the teasers for next week pan out, she'll get more to do with the reintroduction of Zach into the storyline.

I like the Betty Applewhite character, but I'm not yet hooked into the prisoner-in-the-basement mystery. There has to be more to it than revenge against an abusive spouse. Right?

I don't know what to think of Lynette's (to this piont weak) workplace drama.

Loved to see Harriet Sansom Harris back. Too bad she's going away. Loved Felicia.

It looks like next week's episode may be a return to form, though.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Off topic, but Wasteland, please, faithful readers are awaiting posts on The Biggest Loser . . . surely you have thoughts, or are you too busy watching Big Brother?? -ASP

7:55 AM  
Blogger Wasteland Fan said...

I can't watch the biggest loser. Self deception requires as much.

10:17 AM  
Blogger Trailhead said...

Okay, most of the TV I watch these days is Bob the Builder or Jay Jay the Jet Plane, so I need to be enlightened. I'm afraid to ask, but....The Biggest Loser?

10:19 AM  
Blogger Wasteland Fan said...

Reality. Fat, er, overweight and obese, people in competition to see who can lose the most weight get personal trainers and nutritionists to help them. Participants on the losing team vote one member of their team off, ala Survivor, each week. The teams have "challenges" each week.Huge scale. Big flashing numbers. Man boobs. Hilarity ensues. Tears flow.

Some may watch to feel superior: "At least I'm not as fat as that guy." I watch and am horrified: "Oh my God, I'm as fat as that guy."

2:18 PM  
Blogger Wasteland Fan said...

P.S. There's something vaguely frightening about Jay Jay. Agreed?

2:19 PM  
Blogger Trailhead said...

I'll be staying away from The Biggest Loser. Because weight shedding is perhaps the only arena in which I am not the biggest loser. Insert shudder here.

Jay Jay freaks me out. Seeing faces on animated planes is somehow worse than seeing them on tank engines.

I infinitely prefer Bob the Builder. I still think there's something going on between Bob and Wendy. They get pretty cozy in the Sabatini's restaurant in that one episode where Wendy makes the speech.

3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I caught (for the first time ever) the last few moments of TBL last night (only because it precedes My Name Is Earl). What's up with all the guys losing, like, 17 pounds a week and each of the women only losing say 5 pounds? Is it that the women can't help themselves when faced with a Hostess Cupcake or is it that the guys are just freakish? Isn't it unhealthy to lose 17 pounds in one week? What the heck are they doing to lose it?

3:36 PM  
Blogger Trailhead said...

Greater muscle mass = higher metabolism. Bastards.

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home