Tuesday, August 16, 2005

WILY TV 8/15/05: A Matter of Perspective

I know I've been on overdrive with the Six Feet Under blogging, but it's what I've been watching most recently.

Last night I caught the second go-round of Static, the series' penultimate episode. (I missed the first airing because I was reading The Wonderful Wizard of Oz to Wasteland Kid for our nightly pre-sleep ritual.)

Wow.

Both Claire and David have gone off the deep end. Ruth is interested in neither of them, instead apparently preferring to start over altogether with Maya.

I'll miss the big 0l' green hearse. It was, sometimes, my favorite character.

Brenda has a freakin' skeevy dream about a sexual encounter with Billy. Then she, gently, kicks him out of the house. As they used to say in Northern Indiana, "even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while." Likewise, even Brenda seems to make a good choice every now and then.

George is back. He's being quite helpful and supportive for Ruth. (Maggie, on the other hand, has no use for him. I guess she had to "f#%k someone else's husband to death," as Brenda rather indelicately put it, to make sense of her feelings toward her father.) Ruth, for her part, is accepting George's help and comfort. She even says to George, regarding Maya, "We could raise her couldn't we?"

What I learned last night on TV: It turns out you don't hate or resent your mentally ill, serial marrying know-it-all of an ex-husband so much when he's the only one left to provide support for you in the wake of your eldest son's untimely death.

I guess it's all a matter of perspective. Good to know.

Narm!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home