Sunday, September 04, 2005

"Spider Eyes"

How Valerie described Jane, her producer, on tonight's episode of The Comeback.

I still say Jane is a wolf in sheep's clothing regardless of the sympethic light in which she was painted tonight. She knew full well that Valerie would be skewered on "The Comeback." Still, Valerie is such a patsy. Jane probably could have been totally up front with Valerie about how the editing would go and Valerie would have ignored her. Does that in any way redeem Jane? No. It just doesn't make me feel badly for Valerie in particular.

I've really enjoyed The Comeback but I'm not sure what lesson I'm supposed to have learned. I suppose it is the inanity of celebrity and the soullessness of "reality" television. However, it's difficult not to conclude simply that all reality TV "stars" deserve our contempt. I'm not sure that's particularly insightful or funny.

The chocolate fountain at Valerie's Comeback premiere party, on the other hand, well, that's just genius.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home