Monday, September 19, 2005

Patricia Arquette? Patricia Arquette. Really? Really. Un-uh! No, really.**

I think there'll be more Emmy blogging later, but this just couldn't wait:

Patricia. Arquette. Lead. Actress. In. A. Drama. Series.

For Medium. I know, Medium!!

I always thought that was more descriptive of the quality of the show than of the paranormal abilities of the lead character.

Clearly, some Raymond fans got frustrated realizing that Patricia Heaton would likely lose to one of the Housewives in the Lead Actress in a Comedy Series category (props to Felicity!), so they decided to vote for a Patricia in the weaker drama category. Ingenious!

**Transcription of an internal conversation I had with myself around 10:30 pm yesterday.

3 Comments:

Blogger Trailhead said...

Did you ever see Patricia Arquette in Ethan Frome?

I have to say, I'm not sad to see Patricia Heaton lose out, even to something as "Medium" as Patricia Arquette. Watching "Everybody Loves Raymond" ranks just under "pluck out every eyelash one by one" on my to-do list.

12:06 PM  
Blogger Wasteland Fan said...

Truth be told, this is a red-herring rant. The real reason I'm in a lather is that Jennifer Garner (aka Sydney Bristow) didn't win for Alias.

Second confession: I've never seen more than 5 minutes of Everybody Loves Raymond and haven't ever lost a wink of sleep about it.

(Never seen Ethan Frome. I don't really mean to hate on Patricia Arquette so much as wonder how it is that she sneaked in. Glenn Close was nominated in her category, for chrissakes!!)

12:33 PM  
Blogger Trailhead said...

I saw Ethan Frome a few years ago and I was trying to remember whether she was good in it or not.

Don't merely not-lose-a-wink. Be thankful that you only wasted five minutes of your precious time here on Earth watching ELR.

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home