Wednesday, September 14, 2005

A Note About the Gilmores

Despite my abundance of love for all things Lorelei and Lorelei, I won't be blogging about the new season of the Gilmore Girls. Why, you ask? Well, Wasteland Spouse and I (and Wasteland Kid) only caught on to the Gilmores about 18 months or so ago. So, we watched the first few seasons on DVD and, as any sane and reasonable humans beings would, we loved it.

I have surreptitiously kept up on the current happenings in Stars Hollow, but Wasteland Spouse has not, preferring to let the story unfold for her as if she'd been watching the episodes in first run. Thus, WS is content to wait for the DVD releases of seasons 4 and 5, before watching season 6. I respect that choice. So, I won't be spoiling WS's experience by blogging about the current episodes here.

Except that I will say . . . (Hey, WS, stop reading here!!!) . . . what an odd twist of fate it's been watching how Rory's life is almost the mirror image of Lorelei's in some ways, especially when it comes to their relationships with Richard and Emily. Lorelei becomes estranged from R&E when she stumbles off the blue-blood path; Rory detour causes her to grow closer to them and away from Lorelei. Or, perhaps the issue is that Lorelei is more like Emily than she cares to believe . . . .

4 Comments:

Blogger Trailhead said...

But why doesn't WS ever comment? I want to hear from WS too. I want a WS comment!! Don't you agree, Amanda Sue? Comment! Comment! Comment! (banging utensils on the table) We want WS! We want WS!

10:54 AM  
Blogger Wasteland Fan said...

WS has left one comment. It was in response to the Lost speculation post about what is in the hatch. WS followed the Where's Waldo link and was not amused.

12:10 PM  
Blogger Trailhead said...

I thought that was Amanda Sue.

12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

By popular demand (ok, so only 1 person) I am commenting! (So much for anonymous identity) What a wonderful husband, willing to sacrifice his Gilmore Girls blogging for me!!! Feel the love!

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home